Tax Tasters – Recent Developments
Expertise expanding monthly round-table explorations of specialised tax matters for accounting professionals.
There have been a number of notable recent developments at both the federal and state level arising from the release of a number of draft and final Practical Compliance Guidelines and Law Companion Guidelines, the 2017/18 South Australian State Budget and case law. This session will discuss a number of these developments including:
- Draft Practical Compliance Guideline 2017/D11: Tax treatment of payments for use and exploitation of a professional sportsperson’s ‘public fame’ or ‘image’
- Practical Compliance Guideline 2017/13: Division 7A – unpaid present entitlements under sub-trust arrangements maturing in the 2017 and 2018 income years
- Draft Law Companion Guideline 2017/D6: The business continuity test – carrying on a similar business
- Changes concerning foreign property purchasers including changes to the foreign resident CGT withholding rules and the introduction of a foreign ownership surcharge for South Australian stamp duty purposes and other state budget measures affecting foreign purchasers of property in South Australia
- Recent cases regarding the primary production exemption for land tax and in particular issues around determining the primary or dominant use of the land.
Tuesday 1 August 2017
7.45am – 9.00am (light breakfast served)
DW Fox Tucker Boardroom
L14, 100 King William St, Adelaide
1 CPD hour allocated
Please note that there is no charge for this event.
RSVP by Monday 31 July 2017, to: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you there.