All businesses use trade marks as a means of distinguishing their brand in the marketplace. Business owners invest significant time, effort, and money in creating and building their unique brand. However, they may often overlook the crucial aspect of protecting it. While registration of a trade mark is not a requirement, it serves as a valuable tool for safeguarding a business’s trade marks and preserving the valuable goodwill associated with its brands.
In this session, Amy will explore the following topics:
- the potential risks if a trade mark is not registered;
- interaction of trade marks with business names and domain names;
- key characteristics of a good trade mark;
- potential risks of some trade mark structuring measures;
- the importance of undertaking availability searches; and
- some copyright issues in marketing your brand.
Wednesday, 23 August 2023
1:00pm – 2:00pm
DW Fox Tucker Boardroom
L14, 96-100 King William St, Adelaide SA 5000
Please note that there is no charge for this event.
Lunch will be provided.
RSVP by Monday, 21 August 2023, to: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you there.