We defend and manage workers compensation claims in the Workers Compensation Tribunal and Superior Courts for some of the largest employers in Australia across many industries and all claims types. We understand how important it is for major stakeholders to share a common goal of getting injured employees back to work in the shortest possible time and to protect and preserve the quality of their employment relationship throughout the process. We also understand that disputes may arise and we provide pragmatic and responsive advice to minimise disputation and claims costs.
There are significant financial and risk management benefits associated with self insurance registration. We have advised numerous companies on attaining and retaining their self insurance licence under both the state scheme and Comcare. We are also experienced in helping self insurers to manage claims appropriately and comply with relevant legislation and the Code of Conduct to reduce the risk of loss of licence or of shortened licence renewals.
Our specialists advise and act for registered employers in relation to Return To Work SA-related disputes. Many employers are unaware of their rights under the Return To Work Scheme. Our experts help educate employers as to their rights in this area to minimise their claims costs and premium payments.
We provide advice and representation on work health and safety matters generally and in relation to accident/incident investigations, SafeWork SA investigations and prosecutions.
We also conduct on-site training for clients and industry stakeholders, and provide strategic claims management, rehabilitation and WHS workshops.
- Advice and representation before the District Court, Supreme Court, Employment Tribunal, Fair Work Commission, Federal Circuit Court, Federal Court and the Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissions
- Claim reviews
- Comcare self-insurance feasibility studies and applications
- Compliance advice
- Fraud investigations and prosecutions
- Performance benchmarking and improvement planning
- SA self-insurance applications
- Self-insurance estimate reviews
- Strategic advice on complex claims
- Training and education (design and implementation)
- Work health and safety investigations and prosecutions