We have significant experience in providing solutions to challenges that arise in the workplace and in assisting employers to resolve difficult employment and workplace issues. We are regularly sought out by employers to respond to employment claims and workplace disputes including appearing before Industrial Courts and Tribunals. We offer expert assistance to employers in the following areas:
- Employment law advice including compliance with obligations under Federal law, employment strategies, executive and general employment agreements, employment policies and procedures, discipline including termination of employment.
- Employment claims including response to FWO investigations, defence of unfair dismissal claims, general protection claims, breach of contract and post-employment restraint claims.
- Workplace relations advice including enterprise bargaining and agreement making, good faith bargaining obligations, strategic planning for major projects, responses to collective workplace and right of entry disputes.
- Equal Opportunity including the development of policies and practices, advice to ensure compliance with equal opportunity laws, responding to harassment and discrimination disputes and claims.
- Safety including contractor agreements, policies and practices, managing workplace incidents (including fatalities), response to SafeWork SA investigations and defence of prosecutions under safety laws.
- Employment Law
- Employment Claims
- Workplace Relations
- Equal Opportunity
Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession
- Leading Employment Law Firms – South Australia, Since 2015
- Leading Workplace Health & Safety Law Firm – South Australia, Since 2017
- Ben Duggan, Leading Employment Lawyers – Adelaide, Since 2015
Best Lawyers in Australia
- Fact Sheet – Client Legal Privilege in Safety Investigations
- Fact Sheet – General Protection Claims
- Fact Sheet – Managing the Silly Season
- Fact Sheet – Redundancy for Small Business Employers
- Fact Sheet – Social Media, a workplace hazard
- Fact Sheet – Support Persons
- Fact Sheet – Termination of Casual Employees
- Fact Sheet – The Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (SA) Due Diligence Provisions
- Fact Sheet – Work Experience and Trials – are wages required
- Fact Sheet – Work Health & Safety Act 2012 (SA) – Changes to Occupational Health & Safety Laws
- Fact Sheet – Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth)