Whilst the majority of family businesses tend to be SMEs, from small “mum and dad” operations to growing medium-sized enterprises, there are also many larger well-known brands that remain family owned and operated. Successful family businesses operate in almost every industry sector, from retail, hospitality, wine and agribusiness to manufacturing and engineering.
Operating a family business can be both lucrative and rewarding, but it also presents unique challenges. DW Fox Tucker practitioners are well acquainted with many of the problems and issues facing family businesses as a result of our extensive dealings with them across numerous practice areas. Our family business lawyers provide legal services in the areas of workplace law, commercial disputes, franchising, taxation, commercial, IP, property, wine, succession planning and hospitality.
We assist family businesses of all sizes with drafting of contracts, employment issues, formation of and advice on companies and trusts, asset and wealth protection, estate planning and dispute resolution. We also advise on business structures, financing issues, shareholder agreements, joint ventures, sales and agency agreements. Our family business clients also seek assistance from us with regard to trade mark, domain name and brand protection issues and disputes.
- Asset and wealth protection
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Business succession planning
- Business structuring and restructuring
- Commercial contracts and agreements
- Commercial leasing
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Employment and workplace relations
- Estate planning
- Family business governance
- Family constitutions
- Family and other trusts
- Intellectual property advice and protection
- Intergenerational transfers
- Property advice
- Share sales and acquisitions
- Work health and safety advice and compliance
- Workers compensation