DW Fox Tucker has a long history of involvement with the South Australian defence sector, with our team members having advised and acted for both government and industry. Our experience as defence lawyers has covered a wide range of commercial legal matters, including acting in contract disputes between industry suppliers and the Department of Defence (Department), strategic advice on alliance structures, compliance reviews of inbound international secondment arrangements, and advising on an application for exemption from anti-discrimination law obligations to comply with US International Traffic In Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations (ITARS).
We have also overseen Department property acquisitions and disposals, reviewed and drafted contractor intellectual property (IP) protocols, guidelines and procedures, including for compliance with third-party IP security obligations, and drafted and reviewed various commercial contracts.
Additionally, we have acted as agents for interstate firms listed on the Defence panel to provide reviews of South Australian laws and terms of contracts.
- Governance and structural advice, including for alliances
- Commercial contract drafting and review
- General commercial matters
- Dispute resolution and debt recovery
- Intellectual property protection, protocols and procedures
- Insurance and risk management
- Employment contract drafting and review
- Work health and safety investigations and prosecutions
- Investigating and defending claims of discrimination or harassment in the workplace
- Defending unfair dismissal claims
- Workplace relations
- Property acquisitions, disposals and leasing
- Personal Property Securities advice